possible broken toe

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello

I stubbed my toe last night. It is swollen andblack so I think its broken. My questquestion is....... I would usually just strap it next to the other toe but now I have ra im nit so sure. Is it worth going to a and e??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Please don't go to A&E there's so little they can do for a possible broken toe! If you're really really concerned call 111 and ask for advice over the phone. Having RA myself I totally get why you'd be concerned. Rest it, maybe a compress to ease the swelling and pain relief should set you straight x
    • Posted

Yes my thoughts too. Was just worried in case I cause more damage re the ra. In fairness compared to thr rs its not that painful lol. I wont strap it due to ra swelling. Thanku. X
  • Posted

I've never had a broken toe, sounds painful though! I would probably  follow the first aid advice - Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation, I think?
  • Posted

Blimey Donna how did you manage to do that?! You don't do things by halves do you! You're really going though it at the mo! Xx
    • Posted

Hello

Will email u at the weekend. I stubbed on my bed. Crazy I know. Hope your ok. X x

• Posted

I am fine, op went ok and I am up and abou now. Speak soon xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.