A little help, please?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys, 

I'm 16 years old and have been suffering from servere anxiety, it got to the point where I couldn't eat or leave the house. It lasted for 4 months and it was awful sad

However, now I'm starting to leave the house more and I'm rebuilding my life. I put it down to all the stressful situations that were going on in my life and with counselling taking forever I had to do it all on my own. 

But now I've realised I'm clenching my teeth a lot, even when I don't feel anxious? I've never done this in the past so why now? Is it my way of coping with things?

I've also started to feel kinda bloated and a bit fat? I did lose quite a bit of weight from not eating properly and now I've started to eat proper meals again so is it just because my body isn't used to it? 

I just wondered if any of you guys have felt like this during your recovery? 

Thanks a lot! 

-Hopexo 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Clinching your teeth is quite normal. Some people do it a lot and won't even notice it. You probably did it a lot when you had severe anxiety and didn't notice it and now that you don't have it as bad you're finally noticing it. I used to grind my teeth a lot! It was very bad. Also, you probably feel very bloated because you're finally gaining weight from good, healthy meals so it just feels that way. So glad to hear you're recovering. Anxiety is so stressful and tiring. Keep strong.
    • Posted

Thank you very much for your reply, at least I know I'm not the only one smile 
  • Posted

Does your anixity make you keep swallowing all the time , mine does and I feel the need to clear my throat which leads to so much tension my shoulders back and neck hurt , hope u feeling better soon
    • Posted

I do swallow a lot when I'm feeling most anxious, yes. But mine is because I feel a type of choking feeling in my throat sad 

I hope you feel better soon too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.