Sudden changes with Vestibular neuritis

Posted , 4 users are following.

As ive been diagnosed with VN is it common that you can feel fine 1 minute and not good the next minute it seems my symptoms can change by the minute depending on what im doing .

it seems walking for more than 10 mins can really give me a foggy fuzzy head

and generally make me feel awfull

im 7 months into this now and feel like ive hit a brickwall no improvement for a while!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i've been experiencing that since july 2014, and when im in the car i feel fine not unless the car stops or at traffic. i feel terrible in that situation sad

• Posted

yea im like that fine while cars moving but sometimes if im having a bad day when cars comes to a standstill mi feel lightheaded and foggy
  • Posted

Hi Steve, I've had VN Now since August 2014 and I find that the symptoms can change depending upon a few things, tiredness, weather (yes, really), alcohol consumption (now I don't have any), stress and anxiety.  BUT, having said all that I am gradually getting a lot better.  Today I walked 14.2 kilometres, it too me a little over 3 hours, and I am on holiday and not rushing it, but I was steady on my feet and enjoyed the walk.  So, my advice is keep at it.  You will improve, though you will also have days you may feel you're going backwards.  

Good luck.

christine

• Posted

yes the weather does affect me too.  I started off with this in Spet 2013 and have been having recurring bouts with periods of improvement.   I've been feeling a lot better lately following another bout of bppv in April.   I have been diagnosed with both BPPV and MAV (migraine associated vertigo).  Moving my head about in the car to reverse sometimes makes my vision go blurred.  I am noticing the connection to the movements that affect me most, like moving my neck to extreme when reverseing, lifting my arms over my head and looking upwards to open top cupboards, bright lights.   When i'm bad on my feet sometimes i find it hard to walk in a straight line, but overall the past few weeks i have felt much improved.  Having said that, i have felt much improved before and then had a another bout of bppv but at least i know that there can be a return to improvement.  As someone on here once said which i related to, good half hour, bad half hour, good day, bad day.  Glad you are having a good time at the moment and enjoying your holiday.  Stress really does affect this condtion so I try not to stress too much now when i'm having a bad day and take it much more easy. 
  • Posted

I tried just having three glasses of wine, the ow, then one - better off without it.  I figure, my liver must be happy - so that can only be a good thing!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.