Advice please?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey guys, 

So I'm 16 years old and suffer with anxiety disorder. Before my anxiety kicked in fully, I was able to travel on trains every weekend for about a year on my own. However, since February I haven't been able to travel and see my family and it's something I really want to do again. 

If I plan in advance I sometimes feel more anxious so I feel like I just need to get up and go. I'm planning to travel with someone so I won't be alone. Do you think it's a good idea? I go out nearly everyday and I'm working towards going to bigger and busier places. The question is, will it be a breakthrough and help me or will it give me a set back?

My symptoms mainly include an awful choking feeling in my throat causing me to want to gag and I usually get shaky and feel sick. 

Are you guys able to control your anxiety when on public transport? 

Any tips? 

Thanks 

-Hopexo 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, ur so young do u know why ur anxiery started or what triggered it? I don't like long distance travel own my own so I take someone with me and chat it keeps the mind busy also focusing on the end goal is always good if u cam get through it no matter how bad u feel u know that nothing terrible is going to happen. Take magazines books music just don't sit in silence
    • Posted

Yeah it caused by stress with really bad family problems, I have counselling now though to help smile

Thanks 

• Posted

The councelling should help in leaps and bounds and remember u are not alone there are so many of us or this site that suffer in some way shape or form. It's tough but it will make u stronger in the long run

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.