Word catheter removal

Posted , 4 users are following.

I went to the ER a few days ago and had my bartholin abscess drained and they also put a word catheter in. Last time I had a bartholin abscess the word catheter ended up popping out on its on while I was in the bathtub. This time it's more securely in the abscess in assuming and I have to go and get it removed. I have an appointment tomorrow to schedule surgery and I was told at the ER that I could have the remove it if I wanted them too but if they don't I can come back to them in 3 - 4 weeks to have it removed. I actually think the catheter is causing me pain right now. I never remember after my first one of having it drain the pain that I have now and the only difference is that the catheter is still in the abscess. I'm thinking about having them take it out tomorrow but honestly even though I've been through the worse of it im scared to even think about removing it because I'm afraid it'll hurt. Can anyone tell me their opinions on this? And if it does make sense that the catheter is causing me pain right now

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I dont know if you know if it was the balloon catheter do you? Last week when I had my op I had my surgery in afternoon and then had a catheter in for just over 12 hours then the nurses removed it for me and I was sent home later the following day it's been 5 days since my op and I'm still in pain with it but no where near as bad as my bc
    • Posted

It's a balloon catheter. I'm going friday to get it removed after having it in for 20 days. The last time I had a BC they did the balloon catheter also but it fell out within 2 days so I've never had one actually removed from the doctors. I'm sure it doesn't hurt too bad but with all the pain I've been through I'm freaking out about it.  
  • Posted

Hi I dont know if you know if it was the balloon catheter do you? Last week when I had my op I had my surgery in afternoon and then had a catheter in for just over 12 hours then the nurses removed it for me and I was sent home later the following day it's been 5 days since my op and I'm still in pain with it but no where near as bad as my bc
  • Posted

I'm actually dealing with the same thing right now and they told me I have to wait six weeks to have it removed. I have a appointment on the 18th to see what my doctor says.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.