Just had my word catheter removed and I feel so much better!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I went yesterday to have my catheter removed and as soon as I got up and started to walk around I felt so good and almost normal. I'm almost completely healed. The doctor said give it a week or another two and it'll be completely healed. Hopefully I won't get another one but I don't see myself being that lucky since this was my second one in less than a year. I will say the word catheter does cause pain and discomfort. My first abscess I had the catheter in but fell out in 2 days so I never really experienced a catheter in the whole time but this time I did and it isn't fun.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hello, that is great that you are feeling better after the removal of the catherter. I to had one placed in me that only stayed in for 6 days. This was the end of last year that I had to go through this bartholin cyst. As of now I'm  still doing great.. As long as you keep the area clean, and if you every now and then take a HOT SITZ BATH. By doing this it helps to keep that area flowing correctly. I have been doing this for a long time now, I also keep an empty bottle with me every I go. I use this to give myself a quick rinse, especially when I have my period, this helps keep it clean..Also dont wear tight underwear or to many G-strings these might be cute to put on but they are not good for this type of condition. Good Luck, and also be aware of that area..
  • Posted

I had a barthonial cyst that came back three times. After the last time, I had to get the sac completely removed. Best thing I ever did.
    • Posted

Yes ma'am. It came back too many times. I got tired of going to the doctor to have them drained and putting in the water balloon or stuffing it...grr...they can just take the whole gland/sac out.
    • Posted

I'm from the USA and it seems like doctors here are more terrified about doing the actual removal of the gland... I will request it if I do keep getting them though.
  • Posted

I am from the US and had the gland removed.  I consulted with several doctors and 3 seemed confident about removing the gland.  My regular gynecologist did seemed very concerned about removing it (blood loss, making it worse etc.)  In the end I went with a urogynecologist and the surgery was a snap.  My recommendation is to have 2 consultations with 2 different board certified urogynecologists.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.