I have a wierd dream

Posted , 3 users are following.

The fact that i call it dream makes me think i still dont believe it can be done. It started back when i was 18, i just got this stupid dream of becoming a proffesional football player. Not because of fame not because of money. I just dreamt of playing and making enough for a normal living. That was the minor side of it. My real wish was to play football for as long as I could.

It changed my life. I was a fat, boring, egoistic, non loving, i dont know what to tell anymore, i just couldnt stand myself. And yeah very sad at the mean time :P So when i got in touch again with it, after having played as a kid and i loved it. I was an intelligent person as others have told me, and even though i didn't have the strength, i got the idea very fast. I pushed my self so hard to lose weight. When I got into training, I saw that for many the training itself was boring, but me instead was there having so much fun, I even quit smoking for that. But wait there's others such as family, and friends that think your dream is just the joke of the day. When I quit that training man I kinda quit my life, and ever since, Im like a ghost, cant touch nothing cant do nothing ... i dont know what to do. The thing is im 22 and its very hard for me to get into it, even though I'd really spent me life to prove everyone wrong, cuz they killed me, even though they dont know. Or as always, I was the weak one. Afraid to break through alone, but always in need for affirmation. And here I am again ... maybe ... just maybe asking for some more ...

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey edmond88544. I can so understand the position you are in. I experienced something similar, except it was the depression which took away my profession. You loved what you did. You were good at what you did. And, most of all you were dedicated to what you did. You said that you'd spent your life to "prove everyone wrong". Is that why you were so good at what you did? To show the naysayers? If that's the case, that is not enough to sustain you in any activity in life. It must be FOR YOU and to hell with everyone else- (you can enjoy sticking it to them later, after you've reached the position you wanted, but for the right reason). I know you're in a lonely place right now, and you're afraid to push through. Many of us have been, or still are in that position. But of course you can push through- you already demonstrated that you can do it. Make a plan, write down the stages that you need to take to get back to where you were, (or go to somewhere new), break it down into small, do-able pieces and follow that plan- even if it's small steps each day. Some days may get REALLY hard. On those days, please make sure you do just a little work towards your goal. Even if it's just 5 minutes. It keeps you in the right headspace, and though it's a small step that day, you are still moving forward and the next day might be easier.

Good luck. I'm cheering you on!

• Posted

Thanks, I just gotta do something, small steps and never give up doing steps even the smallest step. And thanks for cheering me up I'll try to make a plan, a simple one, I'll tell you if it works :D
    • Posted

Hi Edmond if I were you I wouldn't tell anyone about the dream of playing football for a living.   Why not just say you like football and want to get fit?   Lots of men do that don't they?   Opening yourself up too much to the wrong people can lead to mockery of the kind you experienced.   If anyone has a go at you tell them that at least you have a goal..lol  in life and what's theirs?   x
    • Posted

ahahahah that made me laugh :D thats right, most likely many of them just set goals so they can continue living so i guess thats better :D I'll try my best and im pretty optimistic right now smile thanks
    • Posted

You are welcome Edmond.  I will say to you to follow your own path in life and your own dreams.  If you do even if you fail you will be happy if you see what I mean smile   x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.