shoulder pain even after surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

a year since surgery and still experiencing shoulder pain. Had a shredded labrum following dislocation, missing a bicep tendon, fraying in rotator cuff. I play softball and tennis but still experience fatigue and pain. Stiffness in joint and even elbow and even pain in muscle next to shoulder pain. I had been loose jointed and really need help. What could be the cause of the continuing pain?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If your joint is loose, you can get pain from the ball of the joint moving around and inflaming surrounding tissue.

Do you know what you had repaired during surgery? It's not clear from what you wrote whether you were describing before or after surgery and what was fixed (or not).

Thanks, NICK

• Posted

I have 8 anchors in my labrum. That was the only damage the surgeon said he touched. All of my joints are loose-jointed EXCEPT the shoulder i had surgery on.
    • Posted

Gosh - 8 Anchors is a lot. Sounds like he did a plication or shift as well. If your operated shoulder is not loose, then maybe what I suggested does not apply.

I would get it checked out though. An MRI arthrogram might be a good thing to ask for

Best of luck, NICK

• Posted

Sorry cannot offer any advice..shoulders do seem to create problems. My husband who has Post Polio Syndrome had a tendon repair earlier this year...still has great pain...doctor has said come back when you can't handle it any more!!! Thinking of a reverse shoulder replacement...I do not kknow all the details of why. He says that the repair was successful. I posted earlier in the week about my brother who has cerebral Palsy and an Intellectual disability..he has had severe shoulder pain since March this year following an injection for hayfever...at the time he said it was the most painful injection he had ever had...he said it touched the bone...I do not even know if this is possible..although I have found a condition does exist following a vaccine injection where it goes into the bursa by mistake....SIRVA..Shoulder Injury Related to Vaccine Administration. Waiting for some results from MRI..thechefshat...is an MRI arthrogram the same as an ordinary MRI?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.