Rivaroxaban and Pregnancy!

Posted , 5 users are following.

My wife has just fallen pregnant (4 weeks) and has been on Rivaroxaban as she was diagnosed with PE. This wasn't planned but we are now in a real dilemma as to what to do next. The drug is apparently toxic and it's not known what the effects could have on the baby. From what I've found, testing has been done on rats and there is talk of the drug affecting foetal development but not much else. It doesn't give percentages, if it can be reversed etc.

really desperate for any advice whatsoever, if anyone has any info on anyone that has given birth whilst using the drug through early stages of pregnancy, that would be huge information BUT I realise there is a low chance of receiving this info.

Again, any research, or info would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I am on xarelto as well and I think I am also pregnant. Could you tell me how the pregnancy went? Due to I am very concern about me being pregnant while on xarelto. Thanks!
    • Posted

Hi. How did ur pregnancy go? Please let me know..there isnt enough information out there. I am in the same boat..
    • Posted

Hi Mary! When I realized I was pregnant I went to my hematologist, he stopped Xarelto and gave me enoxaparine for the, whole pregnancy and have to stop it one day before the c-section, also he gave me salicilic acid 81mg also folic acid for the first trimester I am about 35 weeks the baby is doing ok with a normal development so far, I took Xarelto until the first month because I didn't know I was pregnant. I am due next month, hopefully everything will go fine. I hope so smile

How are you doing? How many weeks do you have? Tell me about your experience.

• Posted

Hello.. How did your wifes pregnancy end up? Hopefully everything went well..please let me know.
    • Posted

Hi Mary,

I be had my baby and all ok and back on rivaroxaban, my consultants put me on cleaxane during my pregnancy which I had to inject, i had to have a lower dose while in labour and as soon as she was born back to the 150mg , but all went fine doctors were so on the ball. Hope you r feeling ok?

Amanda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.