I had a laparoscopy to check my fallopian tubes.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went to the hospital Aug 26th for a laparoscopy to check my fallopian tubes but when I finally recovered I found out both my ovaries were removed instead I have no clue as to what they found or why they removed them. I have been home for for 3 days and I have bad pain in my adomunal, ribs, back, I have noticed I have to pee alot more and I feel like when I breathe I am not getting enough oxygen. Has anyone else gone through this or possibly give me in site as to why they could have removed my ovaries I am 29 years old and I do have pocs and maybe help know what I am in for now that I no longer have ovaries.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Theresa.

Are you sure you were just going in for a laproscopy? I wouldn't have thought they would remove anything there and then, without consulting you. Especially as you are so young, and might want children. Have you still got the paperwork?

With your ovaries removed, you will be straight into your menopause. sad

• Posted

The doctor told me before I went under if he didn't see a problem with my tubes then he have to reschedule to do anything else because I only consented to my fallopian tubes since that's what he thought was causing my pain but when I woke up I find out they took both ovaries and left my tubes.
    • Posted

I don't understand what could they have found that needed my ovaries removed? We never discussed what will happen if I didn't have ovaries he always told me with the ultrasound that I have cysts from my pocs but he didn't see anything to assume my ovaries needed removal until my laparoscopy I guess. I was out of it when he was talking to me so I don't remember anything he said yo me.
    • Posted

I also have 3 children and had my tubes clamped about 5 years ago that's why the doctor thought all the pain was coming from my fallopian tubes he thought it was the clamps.
  • Posted

Hi Theresa

I would ring your GP as they will have sent details across to them regarding your procedure.  Hope the pain eases soon... x

• Posted

I go see my family doctor on Thursday as for the guy who did the procedure the gynecologist is gone for 6 weeks. I am hoping my family doctor will have some information for me.
  • Posted

Are you in UK? If your ovaries were removed without consent that is an extremely serious situation as your consultant is in breach of the consent form.     Did you read the consent form thoroughly?   Have you misunderstood the situation? Who told you your ovaries had been removed? Was it the surgeon him/her/self? or was it a nurse who hadnt read the paperwork properly?  You need to see your GP to find out the truth of all this.   You are entitled to copies of your medical records from the hospital.  If you have had your ovaries removed then you will start an early menopause and may need medication to get you through it.  
    • Posted

I was told by the hospital they looked at my chart and it stated both ovaries have been removed but they didn't know the reason why just that they have been sent for biopsy. I live in canada. The paperwork I seen in the hospital about my surgery was the paper I signed over removing my fallopian tubes if it was the clamps causing the pain but I still have my tubes. Ever since the surgery I am so tired but for some reason I can't sleep so I don't get much sleep anymore. I go see my family doctor Thursday about Depression meds but I don't think I can have hormone replacement because cancer runs big time in my family.
    • Posted

The hospital was wrong the doctor removed my fallopian tubes not my ovaries thank god.
    • Posted

Oh yay! That's good news, Theresa! So pleased for you that it was just human error in the Admin Dept, and not the Surgeon! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.