Itch scratch itch scratch itch AHHHH!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anyone else out there, it is driving me quite madmad

it keeps me awake at night and feel like I've got fleas

my arms, there are small scrapes where I have scratched till superficial skin has bled

Mrs M sad 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I get that too. It is maddening! I got it once around both of my ankles. Now for about a week, I have been itching like crazy in my scalp, of all places! People must think I have lice. Lol! I wash my hair and it hasn't stopped. It's not an incessant itch, it comes and goes.
  • Posted

Thanks for your input, so it's not just me but what could be causing it

Usually pruritis (itching) is a symptom of uncontrolled diabetes, kidney failure. 

However, I am sure I have none of these illnesses question

• Posted

Hi mrs merm i am the same i all so get red dry paches on my face which get very itchy .I was told it was to do with hormones was told to try anthistamine wil help with the itching

take care

paula

• Posted

So far i don't have any of the itching accept my back need scraching at times. It does itch a lot. 

• Posted

Hi,

I always suffer with itchy skin in spring an autumn, for me I put it down to the change of weather, but I do also suffer with diabetes but this has only been diagnosed in 2015, my itchy skin started last week... I use lots of moisturiser/body cream/ lotions during these time to try and relieve it not that it always works.  I try also to keep more hydrated than normal and if I dont eat enough veg i think that adds to is also... but thats just me.....

Good luck Mrs M x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.