Codeine addiction...and how to kick it.

Posted , 35 users are following.

Hello,

My name is Jayd and i am 24 years old. I have been a codeine addict for the best part of 3 years now. I am now in my 3rd month of being codeine free and i cannot begin to explain how amazing i feel. You read forums and horror stories about how horrible it is and difficult to come off codeine and i am here to tell you now...it's really not all that bad. I want to help people like me. I will be 100% honest, i will share my feelings and tips and help you become the person you used to be before this nasty drug took over. I can help you. And the new, codeine free you starts today. Do know where all of the pharmacies are in your area? You know what time they open and shut right? You know which one you went to yesterday so you can't go back there today? You know which staff question you and which ones don't? You know the ones that remember your face and know what you're doing but don't say anything? You know how easy it was to get taken in by the warming, floaty feeling you get when you take enough codeine but then you had to start taking more and more and more to get the same effect. And then that warm floaty feeling is gone...you dont get that anymore....you  just have to take it because your body is craving it. And then you take too many and get that sickly feeling in your stomach. You haven't been to the bathroom for days and days because your so backed up. You know your bank statement has a different pharmacy on it every day. You know that you shouldnt be doing it but when the feelings start wearing off, you have to have more. Just a little more. And then you feel okay again. You think nobody notices. Your family, your friends, your partner & your colleagues. They do. They don't know the extent, but they know. Please, let me help you. 

7 likes, 91 replies

91 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ok guys,

Not sure if anyone is still reading this or maybe I’m doing it for my sake as well as others.

I’m on day 14 of giving up cold turkey.

I have no withdrawals and feeling excellent....BUT the RLS is keeping me up all night.

The only thing that helps is if I smoke a little weed. 

I probably smoke 1 or 2 puffs before bed, once every 2nd or 3rd night.

Besides that, I’m back to work and everything is great.

RLS has always been my downfall and that’s what makes me go back to the N+.

However , I’m more determined now than ever to quit this evil pill once and for all.

Good luck to anyone ever reading this and hope we all go past this evil thing.

• Posted

Hi everyone, not even sure if anyone is reading this but just incase you’re a reader and not a replied, here it is.

It’s been now just over 2 weeks, it’s gone quick but the first week was slow and hard. If your there , don’t give up.

I feel completely normal now with my energy levels back to normal.

My biggest issue is RLS, tried all the natural pills and remedy’s, but nothing worked or even helped me.

The only thing that helps me sleep with my RLS, is if I smoke weed at nights.

I never thought weed would be the miracle cure for RLS.

I went doctors and tested Ben my doctor recommended weed, it’s funny cause weed is not even decrimilised in Australia , but the doctor said that it’s the best cure for opiud induced  RLS.

I don’t have cravings or even think about N+ now, it doesn’t worry me at all.

Hang in there, it gets easier guys.

First week is the hardest, after that it gets easy.

• Posted

Hi everyone, just an update for me. It’s now been about 5 or 6 weeks since I’ve stopped N+. The RLS is almost non existent, but mind you, about 1 hour before bed I take 2 Nuromols which is a combination of paracetamol and Iboprophen, then just before bed I eat a banana and have 2 x voltarine tablets, I knock out and wake up fresh in the mornings.

Life’s good, I don’t think about it and doesn’t bother me at all. I feel very normal and do thank god everyday that I’ve stopped them.

To those that have just started to quit or are thinking about it, DO IT, best way is cold turkey, put up with the pain, and use that pain to your advantage. Every time you feel pain, tell yourself that it’s your body healing, use he pain to your advantage. Half the fight is mental and the other half physical.  Don’t go back to them, don’t go on other hard core medicines, even if your doctor prescribes you, don’t take them, (I’m saying this to people that are addicted to codeine and not other hard core drugs). IF you relapse , don’t stress out , just try again. Don’t be too hard on yourself, always tell yourself that you are only a few weeks to total freedom from codeine.

I’m joining a gym and will start my healthy lifestyle. I’m already eating very healthy and will change my life around.

If you need to ask anything then do so.

Thanks

• Posted

Thanks so much for your posts and inspiration - I’m on Day5 of CT after 10 years abusing N+, then codeine phosphate up to 1,800 mg per day. 

I keep pretending to myself that codeine works and there are no drawbacks, but I can relate to every single post on here. 

I went to rehab and NA last year, but have found an hour following the forums on here way more useful and productive. 

Stay safe everyone. 

• Posted

Hey everyone,

I cannot begin to tell you how happy all of these success stories make me. You guys are an inspiration to keep going!!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.