rheumatoid arthritis after 17 years

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was Diagnosed at 37 in 1998, disabled 2002, with RA. it's been a long fight. I began remi-caid infusions 11-2003. While clearing for knee replacement in 04, I was diagnosed with Hepatitis C.

After a liver biopsy, a total knee replacement was done on my left knee In July 2004. After recovering well, right knee replaced October 2004. After a reaction during remi-caide infusion, humira was prescribed in 2007. Late 2011, humira was prescribed. I used prednisone off and on. Methotrexate ( injections as well as pills), plaqunil, so many others I will have to look back. Pain pills, became addicted to oxcycontin, dilaudid.....

2013, July 4th I was admitted hospitAl with HIGH fever, unidentified infection, dehydrated. Diagnosis was "steroidal induced diabetes.

Earlier 2015, I completed 13 week hep c cure. Diabetes hard to control. RA has been VERY active 2+ YeA r s. Any info about my experience I will happily share

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Curley, I just wanted to wish you well. I am sorry you are having such a hard time. Ra is no fun. I have struggled with it for 10 years myself. There is no medication I can take though that I know of I did horrible on methotrexate and Celebrex did nothing. I hohope you start felling better soon. My oldest sister had HEp.C she took intererion treatments and is cured as far as they can tell. I can not take meds for my RA cause I have CP also and alot of the meds cause infection and liver problems. it is a rough disease I wish you all the best and hope you feel well soon!
  • Posted

@manda1030 hello sweetie. Thank you... you feeling bad for me and understanding means so much. Just a bit ago, I snapped on my wife and cussed until she left in her car.. she has had 2 back surgeries and I know she is in pain. An RN she has been wonderful with me. I am shameful for goin off on her today. That has not happened for several months.

Hearing your dilemma, I feel awful again.... but that's good. I need to get control of feeling sorrow for myself. Surely if you can find strength for me and others, I Can do more as well. I have had several months now of more bad days than good. Thanks so much.... I Pray for some relief for you.

• Posted

Curley, it is hard somedays. I try very hard to be patient and kind but when pain is at it's worst it is easy to lash out at those we love. Don't be so hard on yourself we are human and pain does cause anger. I try to walk away when I feel that frustrated but i to have yelled at times I wish I would not have. You can only do the best you can no one can do more. I am sure your wife understands. More bad months than good is so tough! I had an entire year I was stuck on the couch and I fell into a deep depression. then one day it's like a light went off I could lay here and not try or I could get up and make the best of things so I am trying. i too have my hard moments. I sure hope you get some releif soon! Ty for your kind words.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.