my son has just turned 15 and been diagnosed with hyperparathyroidism.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Recently his symptoms have got drastically worse but hospital keep sending him home saying very little. His fatigue is becoming an issue and causing him to miss school and yesterday I couldnt actually wake him! Anyone else had similar symptoms?

0 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Any news on your son, have been thinking about him all last week, thought he was due for op end October.  I expect you have been running about and being very busy but do let us know how he is when you have the time. Elaine x
  • Posted

Hello all! Sorry for not replying sooner.... We moved house the weekend after his op and it's been a bit bonkers! =-O So he had his op on 29th October, it was successful and he was feeling much better within a few hours......just as we were told he would. (I was still hesitant having heard about so many people who had not felt better despite having had the same op) BUT happily, having come back from theatre at around 2.45pm, by 5pm he was up and about eating, drinking and talking about how his head felt clearer than it had for years!AMAZING! He was well enough by the Sunday (op was Thursday) to decorate his bedroom in our new house......couldn't stop him! He had the required time away from school and has just completed a full time attendance week this last week :-) :-) :-) and even asked to go in two days the week before :-) he has resumed pe at school on Thursday and should be playing his first match today with his football team :-) provided the pitch is not flooded!! ;-)

All fabulous so far! :-)

I wonder if the success could be due to hhis age and the fact that the damage was stopped early????

Wishing you all well on here and thanks so much for your support and concern. Xxx

• Posted

That is wonderful knews Kath, a few of us here have been concerned. I have heard that many people older as well feel much better within hours.  Really happy for him, terrible to have had this at his tender age. I hope the other boy who was written about ont this site, has the same success.

Moving house as well eh, you must have some stamina, so well done mum as well.

All the best,

Elaine x

• Posted

Hi Kath,

I echo what Elaine says, So So SO pleased for your boy, fantastic that he can now live his life to the full !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You ar prob right, his age and early diagnosis and your love and support has helped his recovery.

All the best ,

Fluffy

• Posted

So pleased to hear the news, it's so nice to hear someone has improved so quickly & he has his life back, especially at his age, onwards and upwards now 😛 Fab news xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.