Car choice and back problems

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am looking to change my car.  Ideally I want one which will make journies ( up to 140 miles ) as comfortable as possible.

My main concern is the choice of car suspension.  Many of a car I would like, merecedes A class W169 Avantgarde, have a sports suspension.  I know it is personal choice and varies between individuals but wondered if anyone had any car with sports suspension and, if so, what effect does it have ?

Also appreciate any suggestions supermini size to medium, budget around £10,000 - Rolls not possible !

Any comments advice/ appreciated on car choice and back (also knee joints) health.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

A mpv has upright seating for driving which can help someone with a bad Lower back pan I use to drive a courier van and the seating upright was wonderful for my lower back pain best way is to test drive a few cars to see the best position for you also take into consideration lumbar support on seats your doing a lot of driving a day so the seat must be comfortable and not leave your in pain and suffering you say about knee joint so a auto a consideration too
  • Posted

Thanks marshall that's very helpful
  • Posted

I drive a Nissan Note and I do find the seats comfortable and they are also higher so easier to get in and out of. Also would definitely recommend an automatic. I would not drive a manual. As Marshall 71 says you should test drive some and see what suits you best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.