Is it even anxiety anymore

Posted , 3 users are following.

Suffered with anxiety OCD and panick disorder, the OCD I deal with ok and panick disorder I just about cope with with isn't very nice,but not sure If I have anxiety anymore I just feel weird I can't explain the feeling it's like a sense of gloom in my head I feel sick with it, I'm upset a lot because I feel alone and scared and I'm scared of losing control because I've had enough of feeling this way! I go to bed and every night with out fail I wake up about 9 times,sometimes with a fast heartbeat or really hot or sometimes because my mind is just racing not necessarily horrible thoughts but just random normal stuff just going on and on! I find myself not going out much either! Just scared and alone and can't shift this horrible feeling worse when I wake up though! I've just started citalopram 10mg and I am just finishing my monthly do don't know if I feel horrible because of that! Does anyone else feel the same ?!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Its a horrible feeling I can't sleep most nights without taking something to calm me.
    • Posted

Is it anxiety though ?! I'm doubting whether it is because of this awful feeling I have wish I could explain this dull gloomy feeling properly
  • Posted

Hi melissa

​I notice you say you are starting citalopram. Is this the first antidepressant that you have taken?

• Posted

Ive had it before only 10mg n I felt better quite quickly with cbt so come off it and I've started it again recently not sure if it's the medication making me feel like this as I think I felt like this s few days before! Started 10 mg again 4 days ago
  • Posted

Hi melissa60986

I understand what you feel and I'm sorry that you have to endure this problem. Depression and anxiety coincides a lot so I think you should consult your clinician and ask for a reevaluation. It is also possible that what you are experiencing is due to the side effects of your medication. Again it is vital that you tell this to your doctor. 

Just continue with the prescribed routine and don't lose hope. Determination is key in survivng this predicament. I know that you'll be able to overcome this trial. You're already a hero. Good luck and keep fighting.

• Posted

I've had this medication before only 10mg and did cbt and began to feel better it all started wen I saw my boyfriend faint and it scared the hell out me since that I developed anxiety OCD and panicked attacks and I have a massive fear of fainting but got better stopped my medication months ago and also finished my course of cbt but went to work about 6 weeks ago and my work friend had a panicked attack and fainted so anxiety and panick attacks come back even worse it's bin horrendous and I think that's why I don't go out anymore because I get anxious then panick the think I'm going to faint I know to people it sounds pathetic but it's not to me! I don't think I've helped my self by staying in all the time! Tomorrow I'm going into town my worst place to go with my fear but I don't want to get to the point where I'm so low etc I just want to feel happy and normal again!
    • Posted

So what triggers your anxiety is seeing people faint? Again, I think you should consult your clinician and continue with therapy. Anxiety may relapse and it really takes a lot of time to fully be free from it. I would also suggest that you back up your therapy with some natural remedies used for calming and relaxation it really helped me a lot when I was suffering from anxiety. Try lavender tea or chamomile tea, meditation, soothing music, massage, fruit extracts, breathing exercises, and other activities that you'll find yourself happily distracted with. But before you actually try this things make sure that you ask your doctors permission first. You can't always rely on medications.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.