hearing voices

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi i suffer from depression for a while now and i keep on hearing voices telling me to do things has any one else get voices telling them to harm your self i get them when i am feeling very low

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yrs. Hallucinations and suicidal tendencies are common in depression and must not be left untreated. The simplest thing to do would be to visit a psychiatrist / neurophysician or even a general physician. Medicines are available. There is no need to suffer
  • Posted

Hi alison,

​How long have you been hearing voices? Do you experience the voices inside your mind, your head or outside your head?

• Posted

for a long time but i have new voices it is out side my head hen i am so stress out or got lots on my mind it happens

• Posted

Hi Alison, this can be a sign of severe stress...you should really go and see your GP as soon as possible....voices can be very distressing, and stress is not good for your general health....

Do not be worried if your GP refers to a psychiatrist, it is common practice to do so....you really need to get this sorted for your peace of mind, and stress levels.....I hope that you feel more relaxed and at ease very soon.....warm hugs and sincere regards to you...please look after yourself ...Deirdre xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.