I am very paranoid that I smell, please help.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just started freshman year, it has been great up until late September. People in my period 2 class start complaining about a smell. I thought nothing of it until in my period 5 class people also stated complaining. Everyone talks about the smell, I am so paranoid. The wierd thing is in some classes no one smells it but in others they do. My friends don't smell it, neither do my parents. I can't smell it myself which worries me, I heard you can't smell your own odor sometimes. When I bend down I can get a wiff of crap. I have good hygeine however. I take a shower everday, brush my teeth, wear fresh clothes. I don't tend to get to sweaty and if I do I clean up in the bathroom. My mom says I am just being worried about nothing. I don't know what to do, I can't live my life in constant worry. 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Well my friend It could be the type of body wash you are useing yet men have differnet hormones then women so naturally we are going to smell faster then we wish. Here's what I would do>>> take baby powder with you when you think its coming on then mask it or use body spray thats what I use worked for me should work for you hope I was a big help.
    • Posted

I think you should try simple measures first.

There is an extra strong deodrant that is only applied every 24 hours.

I went through a stage like this about 5 years ago. The extra strong deodrant seemed to help.I did tell my doctor who said just to monitor the situation.

Have you noticed if this problem is linked to diet? Fish can change the odour of uriine I have found.

Lucy

• Posted

hi, I just wanted to point out something, if your mom sais you re probably making a big deal, she probably doesnt smell something, so maybe its just your exaggeration, and your worried for no reason. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.