Head Impulse Test

Posted , 6 users are following.

I recently had an appointment with a neurologist. He performed several tests one i believe to be a head impulse test. I started feeling dizzy, by the time I got home I was suffering with dizzy/vertigo and headache, which ive had for about a week. Can the head impulse test cause this or is it or is it coincidental?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I have not heard of that test, you will have to ask doctor.
  • Posted

What was the Test for? Eg, what symptoms were you seeng the neurologist for?
  • Posted

What did the exercise consist of, was it the Epley Manouvre ? As others have stated, it would help if you could specify why you were being treated.
  • Posted

I have read quite a few forums on here about that, apparantly i believe that there are exercises that you can do with your head that make you so dizzy but eventually they do work
    • Posted

Yes I know ALL about exercises and the  rarely work going on myself and many, many other people who have had them.  bUt Ja needs,to,respond before people begin to guess what he or she is  saying as there is n info here,to,go on.
    • Posted

I am just refering to the exercises I have read about on here but if they do not work then I may give it a miss
    • Posted

No go ahead a try them, you will only know by your own experience.,
    • Posted

I know but I only just get through now and I have a full time job (a busy job) so my fear would be if I had it bad after them
    • Posted

Need to be careful though. Exercise like Epley must only be done if BPPV is suspected. No good if problem is another vestibular condition I.e Labyrinthitis or Meniers. In fact potentially could make symptoms worse.

• Posted

Yes you are right, Mandejw needs to,see an professional fiat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.