Back pain enquiry...

Posted , 5 users are following.

Since around mid December last year I've been experiencing back pain. It started off very minor, it would just ache a little when I layed down after lifting things such as shopping bags etc. However, at the end of November I had a fall and fell down a flight of stairs; ever since then my back pain has got extremely worse whenever I lie down in bed on my back. It sends a sharp aching pain through my back, and is mainly centred at the bottom. 

I am just curious as to whether it is anything serious and I should get it checked out, or whether after time it'll get better. 

Thank you for any help you can give smile 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Just to add - it started in December in 2014 and I had the fall November of this year confused
  • Posted

Hi Laurajayne,some backache can get better in time if rested,however a fall is more serious but please dont be frightened when i urge you to see a doctor who will probably send you for a scan to determin a treatment to get you fit and well again. All the best Laurajayne.

• Posted

Hi I agree with Frank.  You may have damaged something in the fall and need to get it checked out.  Meanwhile always try and liff things using your knees to help take some of strain off your back.  Never twist and turn at the same time when bending over either as this will make it worse.  Let us know how you get on please.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.