Body Twitching

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone get body twitching/jolting with their anxiety? I could just be sat trying to relax and my body keeps twitching or jolting it's scaring the life out of me :-(

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I get that, but I think its my meds. Are you on any meds?
    • Posted

I am yes sertraline and propanranol, it's horrible and completely random, I also get goose bumps all the time down the left side of my leg x
  • Posted

Hey,

Twitching is a def one of my symptoms. I typically get them everywhere and it can be deep contractions as well as the little twitches. Its more than likely anxiety if you have been seen by a neurologist that tested for negative results. Did you experience them after a particular stressor? Do you still have things that weigh on your mind? Any OCD? The twitching may subside if you can be as stress free as possible.

• Posted

I can just be sat watching tv or in bed trying to go to sleep and my body just twitches or jolts it's not like u get as if your body wakes u up b4 u fall asleep it's just little jolts one after the other for a couple of minutes, I am stressed at the mo but because of how I feel and what's going on with my body, I have so many symptoms I don't know where to start x
    • Posted

So it sounds like you have health anxiety (fear of the symptoms). Thats what I have mainly because I have trouble accepting that my symptoms are anxiety, so I get frustrated. Heres a tip that might work a little..Try going for a run for about 25-30mins, then taking a relaxing bath and take a magnesium supplement. This may help settle the body down. The main part is letting go of worry (my biggest issue).
    • Posted

Definitely have a fear of my symptoms can't accept that's what it is convinced it's something terrible going on! Tried so much to calm myself but nowt works feel a mess most days stuck in the vicious circle x
    • Posted

I was just going to make a forum about this! I have this too and it's always when I'm laying sitting or trying to relax.
  • Posted

yeah , i get it too. Put it down to the excess adrenaline flowing round your body
  • Posted

Yes all the time emma. I jolt, twitch and get little fluttering under my skin. Hard to explain. They are worse when I have bad anxiety. Thought I had something seriously wrong with me. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.