Ulcerative colitis - herbal remedies worked for me!

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi all,

I just wanted to share this with all of you mainly UC and possibly Crohns sufferers.

I was diagnosed with UC February 2015 and I have been ill on a regular basis with really severe flare ups. I was put on different medication because it didn't work for me and so I have been through a lot of pain, weakness due to blood loss, suffering from side effects of the medication and much more.

Recently I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy and they found that my entire colon is affected not just the left side that they originally thought.

My consultant has now advised that they were looking to put me onto Infliximab; an IV drug every 2 weeks and see if that works because I am going to the toilet between 12-15 times a day and there's mainly blood and clots. My iron was continually low and another iron infusion was going to be given.

This was the worst I've been and I couldn't even manage day to day activities and couldn't leave the house because I had a lot of accidents and needed to be by the toilet almost all the time. It was horrible and so unfair.

I have now turned to herbal remedies because that's the last option to try before going ahead with the infliximab. Knowing that this has more serious side effects, hit me hard. I think about it everyday and I've also realised that I'm not as strong as I thought.

I've been taking barley grass powder and moringa powder daily and I know there is a lot of products that people say are just a selling scam but for me this has worked.

I originally took half a teaspoon daily and increasing it slowly until I was having 3 tablespoons daily. I started seeing a difference after 3-4 days because toilet trips were less and there was little blood loss until none at all and the pain had gone too.

The only thing I noticed was when I originally started drinking it, I felt nauseous afterwards but it subsided and looking back it's not as bad as taking the medication I was put on and the side effects of those.

I know UC and Crohns is an individual disease but I really do recommend trying these herbal remedies and see how you get on because they won't damage other parts of your body or system as prescription medicines do.

I wish you all the best of luck and I hope that this helps you like it did me.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

I too had a similar experience with my Crohn's. I was suffering very badly and was only on Pentasa and Apriso. After a colonscopy and about a year of being on both those meds, my doctor wanted to put me on remicade. I pushed to stay on the Pentasa and Apriso due to the much more limited risk factors compared to the other meds, and started natural remedies. I take extra strength tumeric capsules which helps tremendously, also helps ease joint pain (which is the only symptom I currently suffer from). I also take ginger, and use frankenscense (but use essential oils with caution if you never have befre!). Also fish oil and vitamin C. 

I will absolutely look into the barley grass powder and moringa. Thanks for your post.

• Posted

thank you - I will try that! I have been taking B12 and I feel I have slightly more energy as anemia sets in when you are regulaly bleeding and if there is truth in the bleeding slows or stops with the herbal remedies you have mentioned then its defo worth a try thank you!
  • Posted

How did you use the moringua ..as a tea

Kindly explain how u did it

• Posted

I've been taking Moringa+Neem supplements 2 months now for my UC. Diarrhea has stopped and I'm not using the restroom as frequently. I am still experiencing a little bit of pain and some blood loss.

• Posted

Hi guys,

I'm very interested in trying this. Some of you mention capsules and some powder which is best. Where can I find more details. Do you order on line or source locally

Sorry for the lame questions but your comments sound really promising.

Thanks in advance

Sue

• Posted

How the barley grass effects .. you for 2yrs now.. did you still on your diet when you are taking the barley grass thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.