still feeling sick

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ok now I been on Prozac for three weeks still can't go out my nerves are bad and feeling sick please tell me this gets better right now I just want to jump out of my skin.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I am also on the fluoxetine for around my 6th week. I was on Celexa for along time and found with alot of research that incredibly bad reactions for almost 2 years because of reaction with a seizure med Tegretol. I'm only on 20mg of the fluoxetine but was told to up to 40. I'm not going to as it also reads that it has reactions with the Tegretol. Are you on any other med? Also I keep a daily log and anything I feel dizzy, aura's etc I keep track of. I found that my pharmacist is wiser than my psychiatrist and neurologist when it comes to meds. Praying for a solution and healing in your situation. Also, working on or trying to cut out the stressors in my life,caffeine etc. Gym everyday or atleast exercise and plenty of rest.
  • Posted

What dosage do you take? I just upped mine to 40 the last 10 weeks because I just had my son and anxiety started creeping back in.... I still have bad days, these meds take time. Just be patient. Before I told 20 mg for two years and I felt great but it did take some time...
    • Posted

Thank you so much I am on 10mg but I know it takes time so I will stick it thru. I just can't wait for the feeling everyone gets when it finally kicks in. Thank you again...
    • Posted

It does take time, however, if you are feeling so ill I do believe it's best to see your doctor.

Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you I told my Dr. I would like a physical to make sure I am ok and my levels are ok. But thank you again
    • Posted

OK thats good. It may be a case of having to try a different anti depressant. I went through a terrible experience a few months back trying different types, but they were all making me feel extremely ill. So I decided to see how I would be without any bcus I didn't like the side effects. I'm not saying you should do this, but defo worth a review with your doc and telling him how you're feeling on them.
    • Posted

three weeks is a very short time  and 10 mg a low dose. In my and other's experienceon this site it can take anywhere from 6 weeks to several months. Need to be patient ...get out and walk ...exercise and try to socialize... if only with real good friends. It will get better but very slow...if you do need to increase your dose it should be done also very slowly. ..You will experience.good periods and not so good. I am just over 5 months, experienced slow levels of improvement over this time . Good you are staying in contact with your doctor. Hang in there! 
    • Posted

Thank you so much I will stick it out and exercise I talk to friends but maybe now I will go visit them better. I really like this pill because of the less side affects but thank you again.
  • Posted

I started In June and I am still only on 20 mg. It took about 2 onth to get the full effect and once it did I had my life back. well like 70% back I still get the thoughts and i still get nervouse before i go on trips but once Im there Im fine 

• Posted

Oh thank you so much I appreciate you telling me I am only on 10mg so I know it takes time but today is a good day for me I am happy that I walked outside just to feel the air I am washing clothes feeling a Lil nervous but fighting that feeling because I know its just a side affect. I am glad your feeling better because life totally stops with anxiety and nerves but I have hope thank you. Enjoy your day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.