To anyone who can use some inspiration

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share my journey with you in hopes of someone gaining some inspiration and suggestions for what you may be experiencing. There are days that you feel like there is no hope and I have spoken with numerous women who felt that there was nothing you could do. Maybe my story will help you so here goes.

I am a 42 year old mother of four children who are 25,24,23, and 21. I know, I know, lol they are stepping stairs, but I won't go into the particulars. I have had problems with my period since I started it at 9 years old. Pain more than usual, missing school from the pain and so forth and so on. You know the deal ladies lol.

Speed ahead. I went to the emergency room in June 2015 with extreme pain in my lower left abdomen. It was unbearable. I went by ambulance because I couldn't walk. The doctors found a orange sized cyst on my ovary. My doctor performed surgery and found a lot of scar tissue from my hysterectomy in 2009. I still had my ovaries, but the endo had made them hard to find for years. Undiagnosed. Now I had Stage three Endo.

I healed nicely and prepared for the Lupron injection. Thanks to several women on the forum, I did my research and was ready. First injection went well. I actually was up and able to move around with minimal pain. I was excited about the next. The second injection did nothing. The pain was back three-fold and I was bed ridden for two more months. I could only go to the bathroom and back to the bed. No one seemed to believe that there was something else wrong.

Finally, I could not take it anymore. I had just gotten married in September and spent most of my time in the bed. We know what comes next. Depression, loss of appetite. I was losing weight, in pain, and did I mention I was in pain?? Surgery was again set up for December 2015. It was classified emergency surgery and in he went to find out what was going on again.

All I can say is wow! My doctor found two more cysts. One the size of a fist hiding inside my ovary and growing making the pain horrific, and Another one hiding in years of dense scar tissue, which in itself is a medical condition. He removed the scar tissue and found a hole in my small intestine. The Endo had fused the intestine to the wall of my abdomen and then tore from the wall and created a hole. I was under for Six hours while they worked to clean things up.

It has only been about 6 weeks since my procedure, and needless to say I feel so much better. I know it isn't for everyone, some women don't want the surgery, but for the ones that do, It is the best thing I could have argued for. Ovaries gone, Uterus gone. Endo gone. Blessings abound. Be strong ladies. There is a support system out there. I found mine here. Thanks so much to everyone who answered my questions, let me tell my story, and who gave me great advice!

If you feel like you are not right, please go to the doctor. I had no idea I had a hole in my intestine. It could have been a lot worse if I had ignored it. Always get your once a year pap as well. I was under the impression that once you had your uterus removed, you didn't need one. So not true. Even now, I need to get one once a year. Educate yourself about your body. It is so important.

If you have questions, I will be around lol. Feel better ladies! Love ya!

Tell your story. I would love to hear it whether you are going through it or gone through it. Digital hugs!

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. You story is very familiar and I had same although luckily mine had not gone onto intestine. I won't repeat it all as almost mirroring yours. Early age periods. Kids. Large ovarian cysts. Inbareable pain. I also have had lot taken out. Ovaries uterus and cervix and it is cervix that is sometimes left for pelvic strength that you still need pap for but mine gone so don't have to have them. I've been getting abnormal results so thought best I get rid of that too. I had op in May and no endo pain since!! I'm 40 and know it comes with other problems but I can live life now not dread it. Glad you are on the mend too 😊
  • Posted

I also have it in my intestine. I have both endoscopy and colonoscopy done every year. Which my GI told my OB/GYNE he thought I may have endometriosis after 5 years of pain. I had lyproscopic done which they saw the endo also prolapse uterus. Went back a month later which I had a partial hysterectomy lyproscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy which is supposed to be less abrasive. I was ok for about 2 years and boom its back this time causing pelvic inflammation with the flare ups it causes my lymp glands to swell all the way up my neck causing migraines. Just like last time went to Dr begging him to do something. They said they will not remove my ovaries because of the heart risks. I see now 3rd Dr for another option. Do you have any pain since your ovaries were removed?
    • Posted

It's only been 8 months since I had mine removed but no pain after op at all. I know there are risks but glad I've taken them. I joined my first exercise class in 4 years because I can actually move freely with no pain.
    • Posted

Only the soreness from the incisions. I have 5 sites and since I have been given the go ahead to return to regular activities, they have been sore as hell. The pain could never compare though to being in the bed for two months in sheer agony. The Endo pain has disappeared. I have some menopause symptoms, hot flashes are minimal and vaginal dryness. I am not on any meds yet. Trying to research herbal remedies right now.
  • Posted

Hello, I just had surgery done on Fri April 1st. Wat was supposed to be a quick, easy surgery requiring the 3 small holes in the uterus to take out fibroids w possibly an inch incision if they cudnt take it out, they opened "a can of worms" and had to cut a 6 inch incision horizontal "c-section" at the bikini line to get fibroids and endometriosis taken out while manipulating the bladder and filling the stomach up w gas so they can see everything. Recuperation was originally supposed to be 2 weeks but has been changed to 6 weeks w post follow up in 3 weeks. Can anyone tell me if they have had a simila procedure done, what I can expect in the nextb6 weeks and how going back to work will be like. My part time day job-25 hrs a week is an easy non stressful behind the desk answering calls and at the computer. My 40 hr week FT is more physical, working in a laboratory, living heavy items up to 50lbs, LOTS of standing in one place, and if there is sitting, its a stool. Please help me out. Im 33, 5;5, 123 lbs. Im not a big girl, but not too skinny either, toned. Thanks for any help/advice!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.