Lab mayo and pregnant

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I need your advice badly as am feel so scared i have had a surgery to remove fibroids in October and last week my pregnancy test came out positive . My problem now isn't Tommy looks like that of a four months pregnancy that people already started guessing I'm pregnanct. I'm afraid because my mind tells me the fibroid is back or could I be carrying twins . Please share your experience with me I have lost a pregnancy at 16weeks due to fibroids I need a baby badly

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Please please go and see your doctor asap as worrying will not help the situation none of us are doctors on here my lovely so please go and see a doctor if for nothing els to put your mind at rest.

Keep us all informed, and rake extra care of yourself

• Posted

Thanks Ann Marie , I have been to the doctor he referred me but you know how referral always take long so I'm here worrying and waiting for appointment
    • Posted

Oh my poor lovely lady, I know it's so hard not to worry, you need to take extra care of yourself, I'm sire some if the ladies on this site will read your post and be able to offer you some good advice, I'm not sure what els to say please keep in touch xx
  • Posted

Hi Esther -

I feel your pain, but as the others have said, it is best to consult with your doctor. I also have fibroids and I'm still deciding if a embolization (UTE) is right for me as I'm also wanting to have a child soon. Similar to you, I was pregnant before but suffered a miscarriage on account of the fibroids. I'm curious to know what sort of procedure you had to remove your fibroids and how was your experience. 

• Posted

This Denise thanks for your reply . I had a lap myomectomy to remove 4 fibroids
    • Posted

Hi Esther -

Thanks for that info. I just researched lap myomectomy and it seems like a minimally invasive procedure (same with embolization). How was your recovery time? Do you think it was a successful procedure for you?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm in your same situation (fibroids and wanting to have a baby) so just interested in finding out your experience.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.