Will this labrynthitis ever go away

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had this 10 years ago, suffering again after a flight to Spain almost a month ago, have a very heavy head cold at the moment which isn't helping, doc has given me nasal spray and beta histamine, I can be ok for a couple of days then get floored to the extent that I can't get up or move at all without sweating and being sick, beginning to feel that this is going to be my life from now on, can anyone give my some advice, feeling really down at the moment. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have had this for some time now so I know how you feel, I am off work today as the dizziness is bad but i do not normally stay home. I had dental work and whenever i have that it gets worse. My head at the moment feels heavy and full like it is all congested
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply, I honestly wouldn't wish this on my worse enemy. I'm trying to look after my 18month old granddaughter at the moment, but my head is all over the place, she's due for a nap soon, so I'll sit quietly and try to get my head together. I feel that everything is connected to the feeling in my ears, no pain, but feel as if there's liquid deep inside that can't get out, don't think the nasal spray or meds is helping. Hope you can get back to work soon. 
  • Posted

I have problems with my balance at the moment it is very distressing. I also have the feeling water is trapped deep inside too. It really is awful. I really really sympathise. I have become very fearful to walk any where on my own at the moment. This is my second bout of this. I have had it a month so far this time and there are moments when all I want to do is cry as it's so distressing. But this forum helps. Atleast we know we are not alone. I hope you soon feel better. Take care
    • Posted

Hi, thanks for your good wishes and I'm sorry that you're suffering too. I think the worst thing is that it's difficult to explain to people just exactly what it's like to live with feeling continuously dizzy, mixed with spells of complete shut down due to your surroundings spinning around you. I woke at 6am this morning to find the room whirling and it took a couple of hours to get to the stage when I could actually stand up, I've had this for 4weeks now, and if anything, I feel it's getting worse, it's little things like not being able to pick things up off the floor, being very careful when looking in any direction except straight ahead, and just generally feeling crap. It does make you feel weepy on occasion, but I've been trying to use "mind over matter" and sometimes this helps. I hope you feel better soon, I can't wait till the day I can post on here that it's all gone away, I hope that day will come soon for you too. 
    • Posted

Thank you. I know exactly what you mean about everything you. I really do hope you feel better soon. Sending some positive vibes to you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.