Severe emphysema & I am very afraid

Posted , 7 users are following.

Already fighting RA, diabetes now severe emphysema. I am 54, male from Mississippi. I am gonna learn what I can.. where to start?

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

i have copd and it's been a shock fir me but my daughter is a nurse and I think the only thing we can do is to change our eating habits so our body can heal itself .i find the Himalayan salt pipe helps me to breath better and it help me sleep as well .im trying to be positive about it all and looking to try heal myself .all th food we eat today is causing all these diseases the poisons we put in our bodies .they spray the land and we eat the stuff they have sprayed. We need to eat things like frit veg so I am going to try it and let you know how I get on .i have some videos my daughter sent me that is so inspiring and I carnt seem to put them on here which is sad really .
    • Posted

Thanks. Eating is about all I got left. To the point I feel like getting high, staying high, and goin out with a bang
  • Posted

We are what we eat we are what w e think now get your positive head on  and work at it and try heal your body .we can help each other
  • Posted

Have a look at Buteyko Breathing Retraining Curly, thats what I am trying now.
    • Posted

Thanks and I will check out Button Breathing Retraining. I am taking notes from all you people. A lover of people, I enjoy this forum and the INFO each of you share from life, in words I understand. Love & Peace
    • Posted

Hi carmwoman Could you please tell me more about Buteyko breathing 

I heard about it but  not much 

Thanks

Pedro

• Posted

hI nELLEBELLE,

bUTEYKO IS A FORM OF BREATHING WHICH SAYS THAT MOST of us breath the wrong way. Sometimes emphysema can be improved by Buteyko breathing as it improves the slowing down of the gas exchange between oxygen and carbon dioxide, I have read a lot of testimonies saying that a course of Buteyko has improved their Emphysema greatly as long as they keep up the breathing exercises daily.I would suggest you look up You Tube and read the many videos on Buteyko breathing therapies on there Nellebell.

• Posted

HI thanks for the reply Is this Buteyko  a club/

And where and how can I learn this 

Thanks Nellebelle

• Posted

Hi Nellebelle, No it is a Russian therapy from a Mathematican Scientist.......

​As I told you previously go to You Tube on your computer, and type in Buteyko therapies.......and you will see many explanations and videos, there are also many books on Buteyko for illness. Buteyko is well documented..on You Tube

• Posted

If you can get access to a pulmonary rehabilitation group course you will learn many things about managing symptoms and slowing down the progress of emphysema.  Check out your location for a Better Breathers group also,  The American Lung Association website has details of both groups and courses.

The PR course is in my opinion a number 1 priority for all those diagnosed, right next to stopping smoking of course (if anyone is still doing that)

• Posted

Thanks. . . I WILL find a group! My fear has lessened somewhat as I understand more. I have not had a refferal appointment with pulmonoligist, as of today.
  • Posted

Sorry to hear you are suffering.

With the ailments you spoke of I feel lucky just having emphysema. As spirit lady said diseases may have a lot to do with what we eat and put in our bodies Over many years it can cause things to change and like me - get old and tired before our time. Hey, I sure miss smoking and drinking beer but can't do it anymore Worst part is I could care less about chasing women. Not much left to have, huh? So I try to live the best I can and hope I have easy breathing days. Even told the neighbors not to call rescue unless they see vulchers circling the house. Get a good pulmonoligist and primary care doctor to keep you informed because your ailments may require medications that might conflict against one another. I hope you do well and that your days are better.

• Posted

46, Male from NY.   Less Fear.  More Science.  That's from a campaign up here.  Helps me.  Your words helped me too: I am very affraid.  Get high.. ...with a bang ; )  (We both know it's not a solution.)  

So, we celebrate our good days and manage our lesser ones.  If we don't smile then PRACTICE SMILING!  Thanks for posting and helping me out a bit.

• Posted

The American Lung Association website may be a good place for you to start, it will have content relevant to those living in the USA.

If you can access a course on Pulmonary Rehabilitation this will be an excellent way of learning about what helps and how to manage your symptoms and can advise on groups that may be set up in your area.

into the American Association website put into search box.

COPD

Emphysema

Pulmonary Rehabilitation  (Mississippi)

Better Breathers (Mississippi)

COPD groups (Mississippi)

Very Best wishes V

• Posted

Oh just realised I answered this already wink :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.