UN BALANCE AND NEEDLING

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi every one, beside on and off tremendous headache when coughing/sneeing/bending down, does anyof you also got numbing and needling on yur hands as well as un balance when walking...or just me?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

yes and a year after surgery still numbness.  Doctor said after a year the chances of it going is very slim.  but overall 95% recovered.  Still get headaches but nothing like before the surgery.

• Posted

oh that is good then, are you still on medication though, I suppose you no longer have headache when coughing or you balance OK?
    • Posted

the headaches come and go, my balance the doctor said was because of the numbness, he said when you walk your senses get the feel of the ground beneath your feet, unfortunately with the numbness the senses are off, which explains the balance issues.  Hang in there.

• Posted

ahh, ok, i just worry...hopefully after this op..every thing should be must better
  • Posted

Hi yeah I get everything that u have mentioned its scary x
    • Posted

VERY.  But it's comforting to know there are others out there that are going through similar experiences and you can ask them any questions. Keep an open link to your doctors.  Are you in the UK or the US? 
    • Posted

it is isn't it, but no worry, your will be settled soon..hey you better have an early night..have you packed for tomoro
    • Posted

Hi yeah all packed no point going to bed early don't sleep much with the pain alarm set for 4.30 shower then get going we are 45mins from hospital so hubby wants to make sure we get there a little bit early op due at 7 x
    • Posted

Will be thinking of you ellie, may be ruff after surgery, but positive for the future hun xxx

I was in rvi for ten days because if my sickness but think your usually in 3 to 5 day's, so this time next wk you should be home x

• Posted

Yes I got the head pressure terrible and the dizziness to the point I'd loose occasional balance. Didn't get the hand thing though. But as everyone's are simular some are different .
    • Posted

ah, that is ok thn, ijust worry I thought that is something else
  • Posted

Hi , yeah I get that too I loose circulation in my index finger whenever it gets too cold , do u get any breathing problems ? I get it and now have to go for scope to see if there's any problems or if it's my malformation causing it
    • Posted

Yes, I have breathless as well, my gp have me X-ray nothing wrong with my lung or heart so when i called my neurologist, it is aa part of \cm1 some patient get some not...
  • Posted

Hi, I have numbness in my index and one other finger , I thought it was as a result of the reconstruction surgery I had when my chiari made me fall and I brike both my arms. I had my wrist rebuilt and I am now not sure if the numbness is the result of my surgery or chiari type 2??
    • Posted

I have not done the surgery yet, it will be in two weeks time, have you not got back to your neurologist to have it check?
    • Posted

to be honest i only made the connection reading this post. I did mention it at the fracture clinic last year and they said it could take up to 2 years to regrow nerve damage caused by the accident so I was just waiting. I am due an appointment with my neurologist soon so I will mention it then.

​Thanks Liz

• Posted

Well Liz, hoping that you will have the brill result but make sure you write it down what ever you want to say to your neurologist - Good Luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.