48 days on Fluoxetine, but still have the shakes, is this normal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

i been on Fluoxetine now for 48 days, I know they are working, as I have had a couple of good days, today is not really good, but I can't stop my body from shaking, even my mustles are weak, lost a lot of weight, i take 20ml, is this normal, as i know a lot of people on here say the tablets arn't the same any more, they give out more side affects.... I took Fluoxetine years ago, and had no affects, but i am really worried there is something wrong with my health...... I take thyroxine, and i was thinking of paying private for an endocronoligist, to test my adrenals, but if this side affect of the shaking is normal, and will go away, I won't bother, but very worried, can someone put my mind at ease, as i do not know which way to turn.... Hilary x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi , I am also on 20mg of Fluoxatine, been on them for 13 weeks now. I was thinking the same as you a few days ago. But am feeling a little better. My shaking is slowly stopping, it's effected my confidence and speach a little at the moment.I am still having bad days , but it is getting less. I know people say these tabs are slow to work , sometimes I feel like giving up. But I am not ,! !! I will not let this control my life. I am just so frustrated as I love my job,, and am self employed wich makes things harder. !
    • Posted

Hi Jane,

Have worked through my anxiety today, and had better moments, shaking was bad at times, but feel quite good at the moment, and no shaking, must admit, always better at night.... So glad to know that the shaking is a normal part of these horrible side affects..... thanks Hilary x

• Posted

Are you physically shaking?where it's noticeable..or you feel your body shaking on the inside. I get jittery..but on the inside of my body..like electricity all over..I've been on 20mg for 4 weeks and 3 weeks now on 40mg.i have noticed less panick..but still get anxious a lot...I too question every little side effect daily...try to tell myself I'm fine...and it's just the meds..and no since my symptoms come and go..that gives me peace of mind.hopefully there's better days.
    • Posted

When I am shaking, it is physical, as regards my hands, but it seems to be inside my body as well, but it is more, say first thing when I get up as i am quite anxious, I want to do everthing quickly, like have my shower do my hair, but I am shaking doing it, it is like everthing has to be done in a hurry, and I don't know why, as I have all day, in a way it is like OCD, which is not really me, I do like things nice, it's as though everything has to be done in a day, and I seem to be wearing my body down, I feel totaly run down, and of course I have lost weight.... I do seem to calm down of a night, which I do appreciate..... I am so glad of peoples advice, and how they feel, so thank you Jesika, it is reasuring.......Hilary x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.