just wondering- ovarian cyst

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys

Was diagnosed with a 6cm ovarian cyst 2 weeks ago along with 6 fibroids. Going for an MRI scan on Thursday! ca125 level was 125 2months ago repeated again month later and went down to 105. I was worried about tho at first but understand this can be raised in both cases. Didnt even come to mind as having a cyst as consultant/doctor had always said endo or fibroids. Mentioned laparoscopy but havnt heard anymore. What's recovery time for one of these and do they like to get you in early. Still have tummy pain worse in morning but I think this is down to having full bladder and cyst/fibroid pressing on it. Lady did seem more concerned with cyst on scan

Emma

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I think it's two weeks recovery for laparoscopy. I had a laparotomy which was much longer x
  • Posted

With a laparoscopy they'll likely call you in for a pre-op the day before and then you have to be in the hospital for about 7am to wait for your op! 

Recovery time is normally 2-4 weeks to fully recover but it will depend on how your body copes with anaesthetic and how it heals. 

My cyst used to push on my bladder and bowels so I had a few problems with this but i've found it's calmed down a lot since I had it removed. They told me they would remove it via laparoscopy but when they inserted the telescope camera they saw it was a solid 12cm cyst so they had to switch to laparotomy! 

Best of luck with your operation hun I hope it all goes well x 

• Posted

Sorry to hear of your condition. i was diagnosed for having a 5cm cyst on both my ovaries and the dr first told me that i will need a laparatomy done. but reading from posts here i often wonder how doctors decide which procedure to use as in my situation being unmarried and still single i would think that a less invasive method would be recommended. I didnt have any symptoms whatsoever and only found out when i decided to take tumor markers ca125 and ca19.9. its still difficult for me to comprehend the fact that something is growing inside and needs to be taken out sad

Hope your surgery goes well and take care.. recovery may take 1 or 2 months from what I have read in here. 

• Posted

Thankyou ladies! Will just have to wait and see what comes next. I was told that case goes to panel and they discuss what treatment options are available to me.

Emma

• Posted

Are you having your MRI today? Let us know how it goes! Mine will be next thursday now...so long as they do it this time!!!
  • Posted

Yeh having I at 6.35 tonight! Never had one before so a little bit nervous! But will do!:-)
  • Posted

Scan went ok! Lasted around 30 mins. Was quite close to it BUT! head was sticking out so felt fine. Noise was ok as well. Had head phones on and listened to radio one so please dont worry. Lady was nice and felt ok!
    • Posted

Yay so glad it went well for you. Hope mine gets done as smoothly next week!! When will you go get the results with your consultant?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.