Do I carry on or??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello! 9 weeks ago I came down with vestibular neuritis (or so we think) and because of that I was having panic attacks and anxiety. My doctor has put me on Fluoxetine 20mg. I have been on this for 8 days now and the first three days were ok, but now in the mornings especially, and evenings I feel so anxious! I'm also very nauseous and can't stomach anything. It has helped me with driving (I don't feel panicky) so is it worth sticking it out? Is it the whole worse before it gets better scenario?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes it will get worse before it gets better! I think we're all on the same boat. I'm on 20mg for 4 weeks of hell..now 40mg..on 3 weeks of hell..and holding on...my anxiety now fluctuates throughout the day...I just take it day by day....but I would tell you stick it out...
    • Posted

Thank u! Gives me hope. I have read lots of stories about how great this medication is but its hell in the beginning! I have ringing in my ears now but I think the meds are helping me to not freak out too much
  • Posted

Keep going , it does get better.Have been on them for 23 weeks . Still a way to go .But helping so much x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.