HELP

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I have been on sertraline for about 5 years now, mostly on 100mg dose .recently after a huge relapse in my panic attacks and ocd i have been increased ro 200 mg .. its been 3 weeks and im feeling a bit betteer but extremely tired and still anxious.. i get shakey and have waves of dizziness.. is this normal? Should i stick it out.. i dont want to change meds because i cannot bear the thought of weening off as my panic attacks get prettg severe without zoloft.

Will i feel better soon??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've been on it going on two weeks and experiencing the same things

• Posted

Hi there,

I have been on it for 3 years now, I increased and decreased dosages over the years. What you are feeling is normal, my advice is stick it out, it needs time for your brain to balance out things. (Although I'm not a professional nor do I give any professional advice and I always recommend you ask your treating doctor) I'm only speaking from my personal experience and this might apply or not to you. It depends on your Age, Sex, General Health condition and so on). 

But from what I experienced, your brain needs to adjust to the new dose and get used to it, this might include many side effects: Sometimes confusion or dizziness when moving your eyes to fast, general fatigue, lack of apetite...etc. What I believe this medication does is that it lowers overall excitement or emotional reactions, so that you become a bit more passive, (not like a zombie) but generally, OCD patients are sensitive and are very anxious, it lowers everything. sometimes might effect sexual exitement a bit, but not a lot.

I really think you should stick it out for another week or two and I hope you feel much better by then. Do not forget: you need to try your best to be mentally strong as well, try and ignore those anxious thoughts, try and relax when you can, eat well, sleep well, surround yourself with positive people. 

If things do not change after two week, (but I really do think they will) go see your treating doctor. 

?Hope I helped. 

• Posted

Your response has given me the strength to push through, i have good and bad days.. and have had some bad news last week which has been hard to deal with so i think its a combination.. im going to stick it out for another 2 weeks which is when my next appointment is.. the dizziness is scary and the shakes get me worried and i panic im going to pass out or something and that makes me panic.. also when im eating at work i panic im going to throw up after.. its just a total combination.. im hoping it will get better... i just worried that maybe the medication pooped out but i think that if im getting all these side effects it must be doing something!!

• Posted

Hey Bella,

It is normal for the meds to do that, but it doesnt go on forever I assure you, it happened to me. When your brain gets acustomed to the meds, everything should go back to normal. What is important is that you do not put a deadline for things to go away, just expect that all these difficult feelings will surely start to tone down, sometimes it takes two weeks and sometimes a bit more, but I believe that you will surely notice a difference after two weeks that  will give you a push to even carry on for another. Then you will notice that you are barley getting any side effects anymore and everything will go back to normal. Trust in yourself. Stay strong. many of the people here have been through the same stuff. You are not alone and we all here you. wink I know you have it in you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.