Calories vs food weight for overnight weight gain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Let’s say person A eats a food which is 500 calories before bed, and person B eats a food which is 100 calories before bed, but the two foods weigh the exact same. Would the person who ate the higher calorie food experience larger weight gain upon waking up and why? I realize long term that the person who eats more calories gains more weight (ignoring factors such as exercise, metabolism, etc.) but I’m curious to know if it makes a difference overnight, since I weigh myself every morning. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Weigh the same

However food is fuel and you have fueled inactivity while you sleep - non sequitur

Way forward is consider the market forces in play to buy and consume their processed food

They have determined the ratio of fat/sugar that TASTE delicious and give more calories than you ever needed

They have salted starchy food wherein you will feel "Hungary" sooner

Your real question is not Weigh but Way. Fare well

• Posted

Hi,

Interesting little hypothetical situation but I think it can be cleared up easily. Instead of food imagine that one drinks a can of fizzy stuff and the other drinks an equivalent amount of water. You would need some very sensitive scales to record a difference overnight but I imagine that you will be able to see a difference over weeks/months which would prove that the calorie drinker would be heavier in the morning than the water drinker, all other things being equal.

Cheers...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.