SVT Ablation

Posted , 7 users are following.

Dear All,

Writing this note from a post ablation bed. Had the procedure yesterday, the doctor was able to simulate palps and found the extra 'wire' causing my turbulance. Luckily it had very safe distance to be ablated.

My doctor was a thorough professional and kept on talking with me throughout the procedure which relaxed me while being induced with increased heartbeats on multiple occasions. I wouldn't say the procedure was a cake-walk but knowing that I was in the safe hands of the doctor in a superbly equipped hospital was certainly a much better situation than suffering an attack when no one is around or driving or at work.

I could walk around the room after 9 hrs after the procedure , and am able to walk freely this morning. Anyone who is concerned about having an ablation done should seriously consider it to be done as it is really worth it. As per my doctor, the cure is close to 100% and no chance for recurrence. I can start my normal life in 3 days time and resume my exercises in about 2 wks time.

Thank you everyone for encouraging me for the procedure as I think this will positively change my life, putting an end to the 'anytime possible' attack concerns.

Certainly relieved and smiling on my wedding anniversary day this morning...

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Excellent news Daashin! Another successful outcome. There have been lots lately and it must give confidence to others about to undergo this procedure.
  • Posted

Delighted for you Daashin. Hope it works out for you as well as it has for me. 
    • Posted

Thank you. I remember your encouraging post in the beginning. Take care☺️
  • Posted

Great news that all went well.

i had my ablation last year for Atrial flutter, without any sedation, the first one ever done in the Royal Sussex County Hospital without. It took just over an hour to do and after 3 hours, I was allowed to go home with no side effects afterwards what so ever.

I have my pulse rate checked when ever i go to my GP and so far all is fine.

i have previously on this site given a full report on the procedure from start to finnish.

• Posted

Thank you for sharing your experience.Wish you have a healthy life👍
  • Posted

What a wonderful update..thank you for sharing! Happy Anniversary too! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.