post menopause Uterus 9mm

Posted , 4 users are following.

I know some of these answer came through a long while back and I can't find them and my fear has me so tormented I cant function or sleep well. Please tell me again if anyone on here was post menopause and had break through bleeding and uterus lining 9mm and had the biospy done and was it normal? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, please do try not to worry- this is very common from whatI've read. I've 56had had a "period" after a year of nothing. They did a scan and found the womb linin was 6mm instead of the 4 that they like it to be. I had a biopsy there and then which was a t unconfortable but lasted only aminute or two. I had the result back in less that a week - it is Simple Hyperplasia. There are different types of Hyperplasia,some more serious than others. Mine is being treated with a 3 month course of Progesterone. I'm having another biopsy done in September to see if the tablets have thined the lining. Glad they are keeping an eye on me!

• Posted

thank you for replying, mine was a full blown bleeding after 19 months of none and mine was 9mm and this off and on stiny pain up in the vaginal area scares me with the C even more. Plus after adding all this up now in September 2015 I spotted for 7 days and then June 2016 full blown bleeding so if it was C then and I didn't know or got checked in Sept then its spread. I'm trying my best to make it through this but the fear has a grip on me like u would not beleive.  Plus my GYN wants to do it in surgey and put me to sleep worried about that too. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.