Feeling down and need a pick me up today😔

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm on day 23 of 150 mg of sertraline and I'm having a rotten day. I've had some really bad days, not too bad days, good days and only one great day which I had been expecting more great days then what I have had. Sometimes I feel really sad too. Today, I was holding my own and I received some disappointing news that wasn't bad news but it bothered me. Now I feel so much anxiety and sadness. I'm so sick of those up and down feelings. Just when you think you're getting better...bam, there it is again.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I'm on 50 mg for 7 weeks now I started feeling that last week it's so discouraging

• Posted

Isn't it just so discouraging at times, do the both of you have more better days then bad days yet?

• Posted

Yeah I did the first four weeks. Now it's a battle to get through the day

• Posted

hello jen, you should consider increasing your dose from 50mg to 100mg;  100mg is not classed as a high dose and it sounds like 50mg (which is often just a starting dose) is not enough to get to work properly on your depression/anxiety

hopefully for everyone else here, just need some more time  ----- personally it took me a few months to feel better... plus i made a couple of other changes which were to eat 1-2 bananas every day, stop drinking any fizzy drinks including diet ones, and eat some fresh fish at least 3 times a week (or a small tin of mackerel or sardines instead is ok.. if worried about fat, buy the canned fish in spring water or brine, not the fish in oil eg. sunflower oil .. basically look for anything high in omega 3)... and try to eat or take a supplement of something high in vitamin D3 (vitamin D3 is what you get from the sun.. so here in england uk, there's not much of that.)

• Posted

Well life in general puts us in difficult situations, you need to understand that every bad day eventually ends. You will sleep, wake up, and you have a new day ahead of you. I think it is much better to accept reality then trying to make all days good. Enjoy them when they are good, and know that bad ones end.
  • Posted

Hi Vanessa

I feel really numb in my head

Does that pass do you know ?

I cry a little but I really don't feel myself

Been on sertraline 3 weeks on own

Before I was tapering from venlafaxine

Been on 150mg one week now

I find getting up and washing a task although I do it but that's depression

I really want to be me just like you do I suppose !

The thought of going anywhere scares me

And no interest in anything

Tired too

I am so frustrated been like this since Jan

Trying different meds and now back to sertraline as in past it has worked before

I hope you get better soon and today is just a blip xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.