Pulmonary rehabilitation programme

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all has any one whith BX Been on a pulmonary rehabilitation programme? I have been put forward by my GP and accepted the six week course , will keep you informed on progress and if it helps .xx

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I found it very helpful.  In the US the requirement of having a certain number of pulmonary function tests below 60%. That often limits participation to folks with COPD.  I have severe asthma and bronch. but am often bad enough to make the cut off.  The best part was learning about different meds and the best way to take them, and learning from each other.  Also' learning how t exercise safely was awesome.  they monitor your vital signs and teach you how to keep moving but not overdo..  Good luck!

• Posted

Hello , thank you for your prompt reply , I hope the programme is helpful and give me some relief from the continuous coughing . One of the team has been in touch to explain the process of the programme and the involvement of the Physio and exercise . I look forward to commencing the programme and will keep you posted on results 👌
    • Posted

I found the sharing of difficulties and work-arounds between patients to be the most helpful.  And watching a 93 year old man on 24/7 oxygen perservering through exercise without complaint was inspiring to me!
    • Posted

Wow must have been inspiring and encouraging to keep going , hope it helps me will keep you posted Liz xx
  • Posted

Hello! I have not but would love you to let us know your progress. I have wondered if it would help me. Asthma, bronchiectasis and pseudamonas. Good luck and will be looking forward to your progress.

Debi

• Posted

I have BX I have done the course found some of it helpful we had talks and then had to do exercise and they checked oxygen before and after
  • Posted

Sounds like a good idea from my experince. I worked in a cardiac rehab program for seven years as RN doing education and introduction for patients  that where in the hospital setting after some event like a heart attack or surgery.  Exercise and diet trainning are hearts of the program. I think you might like it. Hope you do.

Russ

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.