Torn knee caritlage.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi i tore my caritlage in may a mri scan reveald  i have lost one blob of my caritlage .i am getting through it without any pain killers and wear a knee brace for the hills.Too young for a knee replacement .Any ideas on how to help my situation?ihave been told capsaicin creamis very good.jules

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

What is your last comment? There's not much you can do really, have you got a knee consultant?

• Posted

Hi i have to wait 6 years to see a knee consultant been told i am too young at 54 to have a op.jules
  • Posted

If you need a knee replacement then you aren't too young for it! 

• Posted

Hi Kathryn i have been told by my GP that i need to be 60  years old to have a knee op 6 years to wait NHS for you.They only like to do it once every 15 years.jules
  • Posted

Voltaren Gel.  RX only.

What's a "blob"?  Which cartiledge?  Where did you "lose it"?

• Posted

My  GP referred my knee as having 2 blobs of caritlage on my knee, one blob has worn so bone on bone on one side. 
    • Posted

My  GP referred my knee as having 2 blobs of caritlage on my knee, one blob has worn so bone on bone on one side. 
  • Posted

Hi Jules, sorry to hear about your loss of cartilage I lost all

Of mine in my left knee and had Stem Cell Therapy. 90% success rate. It's a simple process and only requires a minimum of down time. It's almost always an out of pocket expense so be ready to

Pay for it yourself. I am in New Jersey,USA. Hope this helps a bit. Evie

• Posted

Interested in hearing bout ur stem cell therapy. I had micrfractute and stem cell injection in April of this year. How long till u were healed?
    • Posted

Hello Cathy, I'm in my second month of the SCT. I've seen some improvement but it's still early. I had it done here in NJ, USA where I live. Still not covered by insurance. I paid 7,200$ For everything including the fat removal, creation of stem cell, blood work, ALL INCLUSIVE BODY IV. Hospital use for the knee injections. Meds. I hope this helps. Evie

• Posted

I paid for the stem cell part cash. The micro fracture and meniscus surgery were covered by insurance. So in second month how does it feel? I am still in unloaded brace.
    • Posted

Hi Cathy. I'm a little confused. If u had the stem cell therapy why did u get the surgery?

• Posted

Thanks for info they do not do the stem cell on the NHS i will look into this private jules 
    • Posted

Thanks for info they do not do the stem cell on the NHS i will look into this private jules 
  • Posted

Didn't your orthopedic surgeon offer or prescribe anything. Sounds like something that they would suggest one of two directions ......either rest and icing or physical therapy .....or a combination. Many times the brace is the worst thing as its a band aid and not a cure. It can make you feel better but can also cause all of the soft tissue to weaken.

Back to the 1st suggestion....get to a qualified Dr asap and get the correct remedy

• Posted

You are lucky to live in this era! I tore both my medial cartilages in two playing football in my twenties. Then (1970's) only option was to remove them. This was quite good and enabled me to play sport till into my 50's. Of course the inevitable Osteo Artritis developedhence the knee replacement in my sixties. But with the current technology you should be able to make a full recovery from a torn cartilage these days.

• Posted

Hi i have seen my GP just got to try different creams etc to ease the pain i am too young to have the op so cannot see surgeon unless it gets really bad, jules

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.