How would you know if you have blood clot in leg?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone would know if you had a blood clot?

For the past 10 months I've been on and off having leg pain, in the right calf then spread to left calf both thighs etc.

I have been without this pain for a month now but it's suddenly came back and really quite sore! It's a cramp like pain and although there is no swelling I have noticed small faint red blotches where it is sore.

Has anyone had anything similair?

As you can imagine health anxiety through the roof and my temp is rising not sure if that's down to anxiety or there is a genuine problem.

Thanks

Has

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You would be desperately Ill if you had a blood clot for a long time, you'd be dead by now or have a non functioning limb. Blood clots aren't something that hangs around for long periods of time

• Posted

Also if you had a blood clot I'm sure atleast I think the pain wouldn't be "on and off"

• Posted

Blood clots usually feel warm to the touch and you would not be feeling this stuff in both legs for one blood clot.  Hope that makes you feel better.

Cramping can sometimes be from dehydration and so can a higher body temp.

Try drinking lots of fluids..take a multivitamin...get plenty of rest and see how you feel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.