Brief double vision, very scared

Posted , 6 users are following.

17, very bad health related anxiety the last couple weeks.

I've been calming down for the most part, but last night when I was on the computer I started having double vision on some words. The double vision wasn't applied to everything, just those words really. After blinking a couples though it went away and I sorta forgot about it. This morning though I sorta felt like the lights were too bright on the road and lamps, not huge glares, just a little brighter.

At school I didn't really think anything was off, the lights were the same, and nothing was off on the way home too. But just now on the same monitor I had brief double vision again, just like last time only happening to what I was focused on and going away after a couple blinks.

Could it be me from only getting like 4-5 hours of sleep every night for the last month? I'm freaking out..Thanks for any advice..As of right now my body is basically completely fine except for me stressing out about my eyes.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It can be from lack of sleep or dry eyes or both. That happened to me recently too. I was sleeping 4-5 hours and my eyes were dry and tired and my vision was all messy. Sensitive to light, had a twitch, blurry vision. I got some more sleep and got eye drops from the drugstore and it hasn't happened since.

• Posted

Well you were staring at a computer and it went away so chances are it's dry eye or lack of sleep like Mandie said.

• Posted

If you get saline solution and not the eye drops with chemicals in it that's better for your eyes

• Posted

I do think it could be from your sleep schedule. sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.