I feel like I'm battling my own body

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm having a lot of difficulty with this condition my eyes are so blurry I now have to wear glasses just to see the t.v.  clearly. I feel guilty when I have to miss work due to the pain and spasms. Does it ever get better ?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Google fibromyalgia for list of symptoms. List which you experience and degree and your relevant medical history and relevant family history from both sides, that you know of...Inform them how it is affecting your life and work. Take all info to Dr,. Quiz him about his knowledge about fibro. Panadol osteo I was first instructed to take for my pain from AS joint pain. 6am/ noon/6pm (6hrs apart minimum for me as that's what I required from start since keeping pain diary for my dr for 2-3mnths) Spasms. I had them really bad and constantly then I started taking magnesium with food once a day as instructed. That wasn't enough so quizzed about it at chemist as spasms still happening so twice now. That worked! 1 @Breakfast and 1with dinner. ...Do what they say, be patient , keep them informed with changes and don't expect overnight miracles. Research/practice holistic methods also like hydro, meditation, positive thinking, yoga, massage, charkra balance, reflexology, sauna, reading, painting, mindfulness... The list is limited by our imagination....

• Posted

Thank you, I have been researching online to help me understand some of my symptoms . I have found that soaking with pure essential oils can sometimes help. I have been thinking about doing yoga, nothing too strenuous. 
  • Posted

Hi. I don't know if it gets any better as such, but you tend to manage things better. Normally your outlook on the illness changes overtime. Half of that is in accepting that you are ill and aren't ontinually fighting that idea. Feeling guilty is normal, you feel you're letting people down, but in theend those thoughts are counter productive. In accepting what you can't change you do eventually start to see things differently.

As others have said, google Fibromyalgia and look at how others manage this illness because medications are very hit and miss really. i don't believe there's much evidence to support any one medication, it's often a case of what works for you and that may be in alternative therapies not just the usual pharmaceutical ones.

I think the early stages of having this illness are the hardest if only because it's so frustrating when everything comes back as normal, there are usually no abnormal bloods/xrays or scans with Fibro, which makes it all the more difficult to accept. I really hope things settle for you, but if not try and learn what works well for you and try and be kind to yourself and listen to what your body's telling you. Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you I have been researching some holistic ways that may help, so far soaking with lavendar, wintergreen and lemongrass helps me get through the day. I will keep searching to learn as much as I can to help cope.
    • Posted

You are so right and usually I find when people are saying how well I look, inside is not the case-we try so hard at times to be positive and use diversional thought therapies and focus towards best management, especially when we're with other people and sometimes I just crash later in the day...the fatigue gets me.I'm more understanding of the topic now and gradually accepting it but I'm determined and believe that retraining the brain will help reduce the number and intensity of the flares by working out the triggers that set them off!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.