Anyone ever think this

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone

Hope your all well. I have what may sound like a stupid question. Do you ever feel that looking at posts and reading things about dizziness can cause you anxiety and your mind to start a cycle of worry with it? I had not been reading so much for a couple of days and not so anxious, but now I'm thinking about it more and feeling the moving sensations start again, like I'm on a raft floating up and down. I was also off work for about 4 days and had barely any of this, but last night it started to hurt again in my head and neck and I wonder if it's the stress of work and knowing I had to go back. It's not that I don't like my job but I can't stand listening to people on the phone. I manage an office and have to deal with customers and their whining about small things. I guess I can't deal with people who can't do anything for them selfs. But I started reading about MAV and anxiety started. Maybe it's just me

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I hear you. Sometimes I think the same think about reading about things but then it kind of makes me feel better knowing I am not the only one with the feelings that I feel. Guess it can work both ways
  • Posted

Reading to much does it to me as well. Phone not to bad. Computer I am avoiding. It makes me dizzy bad. Same with TV.

• Posted

Yes!! I thought it was just me. This past weekend I felt better.. Not back to my normal self but better and then I went out Saturday evening and realized I started feeling worse after I was worrying about going out. At some point I have become nervous when leaving the house. Afraid some vertigo episode will happen and now that I know I am returning to work again soon I am getting anxiety. Sat and Sun I hadn't noticed my rocking/floating feeling. Since yesterday I am back to rocking pretty bad and ringing in ears louder. Perhaps my vestibular neuritis is exacerbated by anxiety. Good to know I'm not the only one.

• Posted

Had the same issue. Anxiety was taking over my life. I was afraid to go out and petrified to drive. Am doing both again but very leery
    • Posted

Had a bad episode doing 65 mph on the highway. That will make you leery to drive for a long time. Try finding the side of the road when it keeps moving on you. Lol
    • Posted

I haven't driven on a highway since December. Not ready yet for higher speed. 

• Posted

I had to stop visiting so much. Anxiety is a definite part in all this and exacerbates my dizziness. Stress makes it worse. The fear of going out and having to be "normal" made it difficult. When you're not yourself, it can scare others and that also adds anxiety.It's tough.   

• Posted

Whenever I read things here and there, hearing things that is kinda related to what I'm currently experiencing makes me nervous and anxiety really kicks in really bad and it wont go away from me for hours unless I find a diversion of going out cycling. Also staying here in the house with nothing else to do amplifies the anxiety even more for me....so I say you're not alone in feeling the same.

I even LOL'ed a bit when I told my cousin nurse about this site, she said to stopped consulting Mr. Google otherwise you'll end up in a psychiatric ward.

But sometimes they don't understand because they don't feel what you currently feel, so talking to some people here kinda do bothways good and bad.

• Posted

Ive had this 4 years now.  I continue to work.  I noticed that during the week when Im at work, I feel a lot better than weekend when Im thinking more about stuff.  I put my rehabilitation down to carrying on working and normal life as much as I can, even if I dont really want to.  If I give up and go to bed, I feel a lot worse.  I think maybe dont get obsessed reading posts and give yourself some days off from it, just log back on now and again. 
    • Posted

Hi there! For me, I really did not have anxiety until after experiencing the vertigo at a high degree. Not knowing if I am going to fall or faint in public or at work causes me extreme anxiety. This in turn causes my neck and back to stiffen. My anxiety is a result of the affects of the vertigo.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.