Has anyone else gone through this?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Alright so I need some advice. Over this past year,my heart rate has been at a resting rate of around 80-95 bpm. However these past few months,my resting heart rate has increased up to 100-105 bpm. Throughout the day here lately,my heart rate has gotten as high as 135 one minute,then 30 minutes later it drops down to around 85. My heart rate maintained a constant rate of 117 over 3 days one time. And when my heart rate would rise,I wouldn't even be doing anything to trigger it..I could be sitting down,and my heart rate would stay elevated for no reason. What confuses me,is my blood pressure has been measuring in the normal range..which doesn't really explain why my heart rate is all over the place. Has this happened to anybody else,and if so,any advice is appriciated. A little background on me: Heart problems run in my family real bad,plus I'm 24

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think you should see a cardiologist. he may percibe you mads to regulate your heart rate..AFTER he gives you some tests.first an EKG

Good Luck

• Posted

After my heart valve repair my blood pressure was OK due to my medication but my heart rate was very high. I didn't want to take Bisoprolol as it had affected my diverticulitis previously but I eventually went on a low dose and it really brought my heart rate down and no side effects, I take it at night. However you need to have an ECG to check what is causing your fast heart rate and maybe then they may prescribe Bisoprolol or other medication, don't delay as its sensible to get it checked out. Best wishes.

• Posted

I think having an ECG is gonna be my best bet at finding out why I have such a rapid heart rate all the time. All I know is that I know it's not normal for a heart to consistently stay at 105-115 bpm..which is where mine is most of the time. I'll keep everyone updated as to what the ECG results aresmile

• Posted

Yes definitely see your Dr but it could possibly be anxiety as it sounds like you are repeatedly checking it throughout the day, normal pulse is between 60 and 100 and can rise quickly after eating, exercise, anger,anxiety and many more reasons so don't panic too much, also your BP being within normal range is a good sign

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.