Tiredness

Posted , 6 users are following.

Im just curious, is tiredness a symptom that comes with fibroids? I have no energy today and can barely stand, just walkingup stairs makes me winded. I havent been exercising and thought maybe it was just losing my conditioning.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hiya. Yes it certainly is a symptom.

I've been really struggling recently in trying to put a pattern to my tiredness to no avail.

In my case it varies so much.

I've learnt in the last few weeks that I simply can't exercise. I'm capable but I will pay for it with extreme tiredness. Even yoga .so this week I've done nothing. I work from home so I take many breaks and I've had a much better week. Another tip I think may be helping me is to stay hydrated. At least 2 litres of water.its so frustrating isn't it not feeling normal.

• Posted

Good news today, i got my Drs appt movedup to tommorow. Meeting with surgeon to get his opinion and options. My gyno who referred me recommended a total hysterectomy and leaving ovaries. So We'll see.

• Posted

absolutely. 

In my case the fibroids caused heavy bleeding, this made me anaemic and I had no energy. 

• Posted

My last period was very heavy and was worried about anemia. I figurre the surgeon i meet with tommorow will run some test.
  • Posted

Yes and you should go in to get a blood test to make sure you ae not anemic from blood loss, which causes all of that plus more, if you leave it unattended.
    • Posted

My last period which ended a few days ago was extremly heavy and I was worried about anemia. My appt with surgeon got movedup to tommorow so im ecstatic that the balls finally in motion.
  • Posted

Oh yeah!! So frustrating ..... fighting everyday with it to be able to do normal things. Good strong iron tablets given by the GP are helping a lot.
  • Posted

I totally understand.  I used to be a distance runner.  For the first time in 10 years, I'm really unmotivated to go out and do anything.  I haven't been exercising either, so that's proabably a huge part of it.  Anemia from the heavy bleeding is another part of it.  Then the worrying about the bleeding/fibroid/what to do is also exhausting.

Do you sleep all night?  I find myself waking up at least twice - sometimes more to go to the bathroom.  

Sometimes I think I can just break through on will alone and get out there, but then I worry about the constant bleeding and getting caught out on a trail or embarrasing myself if I have a problem around others.

So...yes.  I think there are both physical and emotional aspects of the situation that make us exhausted.  

• Posted

I dont have any inbetween bleeding and it seems i have 3 very heavy days then a light day. So my periods have definately changed.

At the beggining of this week, i walked for a hour on a couple of days and afterwards youd think i ran a marathon. Ive just been so tired. Ill be glad to get this behind me.

• Posted

Hi, tiredness can definitely be because of the bleeding from fibroids. You should ask your dr to do a CBC. It will let you know if you are anemic or other vitamin deficiencies you may have. I know the exhaustion is horrific, but it will get better as you get proper treatment. Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.