First timer, bunion surgery, one foot

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all and Happy Holidays! 

I am Jenny, new to this group.  I am having my first foot, bunion surgery at the beginning of 2017. I have done quite a bit of research myself, however, am open to suggestions, especially those who have had one foot done at a time.  

I kindly thank you for your time and wish you all the best in your recovery! 

Thanks much and best, 

Jenny 

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just had bunion surgery on my left foot. 2nd day. I use a travel wheel chair to get around, but I still have to hop around to get into the bathroom. Left the hospital with a bandage foot, surgical boot, cruches, oxycodone and ibuprofen. Foot is sore but pain is tolerable. Found I cannot take oxycodone without thowing up so it ibuprofen and medical marijuana for the pain. Once you get it done you just wait for your foot to heal so you can get on with your life as it was. With a better foot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.