Post op chevron osteotomy, relief for leg cramping?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all! 

I am new to the forums and have been reading through everyone's experiences post op. Anyway, I had my left chevron osteotomy procedure on December 13th so I'm 2 days post op now...I have to say the pain I get in my left leg when it is elevated is unbearable!! I am coping well with the pain in my foot so far and managing to hobble about with my wedge heel shoe to the toilet and back.

Any suggestions for relieving the leg cramping? That is bothering me the most! 

Thanks for reading, and advice is much appreciated!

Diane x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,  I have had bad cramps in calves and feet for 35 years, have tried a lot of things but I find taking a good magnesium every day twice a day gives me great relief.   I take a tablet in the morning and a powder at night.    It works for me after a lot of trial and error.    Pam
  • Posted

How are you elevating your foot? I am using 3 pillows covered with flannel pillow cases. 2 stacked on top of each other for the foot and one on it side to create support under knee and upper thigh. No cramps yet.
    • Posted

I use 2 pillows for under the foot and they are lengthways going up towards the knee. I use a rolled up blanket for under the thigh as pressure relief.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.