Back ache, side rib ache- please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

For 3 months i have had on and off mild ache which started from my kidney region to the side of my abdomen to side of my abdomen/ribs. I seem to belch quite a lot and pass wind. I do get relief with bowel movement and passing gas.

I have had a urine test and it came clear.

The ache seems to now come and go to front of my right and left rib,to side of my ribs to the back mid area just below the shoulder blades.

The area next to my hips seem to br slight sensitive when i squeeze it

Some days it goes and some days it comes back.

I was constipated a couple of times but bowel

Movement is fine. I somwtimes feel nauseus but only one in a while.

Can anyone help?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Just to let you know i go gym regularly, don't drink alcohol or smoke and generally try to eat heathy

• Posted

Have you checked for acid reflux? Just a guess.
    • Posted

Hi , i haven't i am going for a ultra sound scan soon. I don't know if i am being paranoid but as the pain is underneath the ribcage i get worried it's cancer

• Posted

I don't think cancer is something to be worried about. However it sounds more like bowel issues. There's a few bowel diseases that some people get that are quite uncomfortable and for the life of me I can't think of the names of them. They are all treatable and none of them more deadly every one of them is measurable. If you Google bowel issues and only check out sites from Mayo Clinic or WebMD or sites like that then I think you'll learn some of the illnesses that I'm referring to. Or maybe someone else will come on this thread and tell you what they are.

The only other thing I can think of is the kidney. Only because that's where your kidney is. And that could mean kidney stones. I don't know if kidney stones hurt when they're in the kidney, they definitely hurt when they come out but that's when you pee.

Well that's my two cents worth. For whatever it's worth.

• Posted

kidney stones can be extremely painful, your scan  may detect them, i think it's unlikely could be passed with pee if their that painful, i have seen size of some of these following an operation, no it wasn't me but my friend is very grateful for it and pain free.  it's all micro surgery now and scar free(nearly) so i'm told, be positive, good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.