Slow onset Cauda Equina with bowel problems.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello people. I would like some help if possible please. Has anyone on here had experience of slow onset cauda equina with related BOWEL problems as opposed to bladder problems. I can't seem to find any information or people who have experienced it. It seems the slow onset is more commonly accompanied by bladder problems. I would be really interested in comparing symptoms. I have not been diagnosed at this stage but I strongly suspect that I may be heading for trouble. Many thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Nicki I am so sorry for your bowel issues I as well have had many bowel issues with mine such as a bowel blockage..slow bowels please private message me to discuss this more
  • Posted

Hi Nikki,

I think it can be both, either. I speak from experience. If you are having progressive loss of function in your legs on either side, saddle numbness or 'pressure', nerve pain please be persistant in seeking MRI & help. It may seem like your going crazy but I think it is much better to be treated like that than look back and wonder if you would have had surgery a few weeks earlier how things may be. Or lose bodily function because a doctor or nurse is not listenining to you properly.

There are propably several people on here that may have been told that it could not possibly be CES as it did not tick every red flag and it is 'rare'. Trust yourself and get help if you need it. Your not alone. Take care.

• Posted

As for my experience i had both bladder and bowel problem if you think or feel that you have ces talk to your dr it's better to diagnose it early because it might give you hard time recovering. I got l5s1 laminectomy and microdisectomy about more than a year ago and suffered urine retention for over a month or two and having problem everytime i poop due to my saddle have numbness that did not go away after surgery and upto now there's still a bit of numbness but thanks God that bladder is now ok. For the symptoms I had before was just a lower back pain that radiates on my right leg and before the onset of my ces I had hard time on peeing and can't barely walk due to my back pain and lower abdominal pain due to bladder retention I can't describe the pain coz I have high tollerance in pain but this one is really painful that I cried because no pain reliever can help. So if you feel you have ces better diagnosed it early.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.