Stitches coming out...

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies I've noticed tonight I have some string hanging out. My operation was 12 days ago. Did any of you get this? I'm really worried it's failed. 🙁

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I really have no idea what this string could be but would recommend you see your GP asap or contact the hospital where you had your op.  I hope your mind is soon put at rest!
  • Posted

Sounds like some stitching has loosened off, if you are worried see your GP even if just to put yourin at rest.

Usually stitches loosen off around 4-6 week mark and around same time the wounds draw in tight.

If you go to to top of the genitourinary home page there are some information pages on recovery.

I agree with jacque that if you are not in pain probably nothing to worry about.

Phyl x

• Posted

Thank you all, there's no new pain. I think I'll call tomorrow just to check but I think it will be okay, it just freaked me out at first! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.