Sotalol

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone take Sotalol? If so do you have any side effects ? The doctor wants to start me on this but I am afraid to start it .

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I was on sotorol for two days while hospitalized and had to be taken off it because of shortness of breath that required me to go on oxygen. Once off it, I had no problems   Not good for me. 
    • Posted

Thank you for replying back. I'm sorry you had a bad experience while on it .

• Posted

After sotorol, I was put on amiodarone which is a last resort drug, but the only one that kept me in rythym. After a (second) hopefully successful ablation 12/16, I have been weaned off the amio, thank goodness. Good luck to u. 
  • Posted

I think some anti-arrhythmic medications are best trialled in a hospital setting first. Some of the side-effects sound very scary and you need to be supervised in case you have a bad reaction. Even in a hospital setting I would be terrified.
  • Posted

I took Sotolol for about a year with no noticeable side effects. My neighbour has been on it for years with no noticeable side effects.

I am a fifty one year old male, and my neighbor is a sixty one year old male.

• Posted

Hi,  I can only speak for myself but, I was prescribed Sotalol back in 1998 by the cardiologist.  Initially, I was prescribed Verapamil for the SVT but, reading the bad press coverage of Verapamil that prompted me to change my medication.  I don't take it now but, from 98 to 2011 I found it to be okay with no side effects.  Hope this helps. Good Luck.

• Posted

What was the bad coverage about verapamil? That's what I am on right now .

• Posted

It was many years ago when I read the small article on Verapamil hopefully, things have improved but, it was the mention of heart failure that worried me so, I came off them.  
  • Posted

I did take Sotalol but any benefit was cancelled out by my bp meds at the time (Ramipril then Candesartan) which were very bad for my paf and I'm now on Bisoprolol..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.